It's important to make your site responsive.
The Definitive Guide to HTML5 provides the breadth of information you'll need to start creating the next generation of HTML5 websites. It covers all the base knowledge required for standards-compliant, semantic, modern website creation. It also covers the full HTML5 ecosystem and the associated APIs that complement the core HTML5 language.
The final part of the book covers the associated W3C APIs that surround the HTML5 specification. You will achieve a thorough working knowledge of the Geolocation API, web storage, creating offline applications, and the new drag and drop functionality. The Definitive Guide to HTML5 also dives into the key media enhancements of HTML5 and its surrounding technologies: Canvas, video and audio.What you’ll learn
- How to use all of the core features of HTML5
- How to make the most of the APIs that surround HTML5, such as Geolocation, Web Storage, and drag and drop
- How to leverage the media capabilities of the modern web: Canvas, audio, and video
This book is for web developers and designers who want to increase their HTML5 skills to create modern, standards-compliant websites.
Do you want to build web pages, but have no previous experience? This friendly guide is the perfect place to start. You’ll begin at square one, learning how the Web and web pages work, and then steadily build from there. By the end of the book, you’ll have the skills to create a simple site with multi-column pages that adapt for mobile devices.
Learn how to use the latest techniques, best practices, and current web standards—including HTML5 and CSS3. Each chapter provides exercises to help you to learn various techniques, and short quizzes to make sure you understand key concepts.
This thoroughly revised edition is ideal for students and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels, whether you’re a beginner or brushing up on existing skills.
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Learn about the new HTML5 elements, APIs, and CSS3 properties that are changing what you can do with web pages
- Make your pages display well on mobile devices by creating a responsive web design
- Create and optimize web graphics so they’ll download as quickly as possible
New devices and platforms emerge daily. Browsers iterate at a remarkable pace. Faced with this volatile landscape we can either struggle for control or we can embrace the inherent flexibility of the web.
Responsive design is not just another technique--it is the beginning of the maturation of a medium and a fundamental shift in the way we think about the web.
Implementing Responsive Design is a discussion about how this affects the way we design, build, and think about our sites. Readers will learn how to:
- Build responsive sites using a combination of fluid layouts, media queries and fluid media
- Adopt a responsive workflow from the very start of a project
- Enhance content for different devices
- Use feature-detection and server-side enhancement to provide a richer experience
The world is full of potential customers, but there are none more desirable than those considered among the wealthiest. This book guides you through the tightrope walk that is selling to the affluent showing you how you too can attract the world's top customers and keep them with you for the long haul.
In this book, you'll learn everything you need to know to start selling yourself and your ideas to anyone, especially the affluent. You will learn what sells an idea and what sinks it. Then you will carry on learning the various different styles of persuasion and how to read your audience so that you know which style to use to effectively reach them.